What Makes Us Green
Here at Thirsties, Inc., our innovative spirit takes no breaks! We are always innovating, always blossoming with new sustainable diapering ideas, and always working towards new ways to decrease our carbon footprint. Our business model is about so much more than earning a profit. In addition to offering a green consumer product, we believe it is equally as important to keep the environmental impact of our business to a minimum in order to protect the future of our babies. Here is how we do it...
• Our warehouse is 100% powered by wind energy.
• All carbon created in the transport of Thirsties products is 100% offset by Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs).
• All fabric and components are sourced as locally as possible, thereby cutting down on unnecessary transportation (not from China).
• All cutting and sewing is completed locally as well so as to keep transport fuel consumption to a minimum (not from China).
• Retail product packaging is produced in the USA with wind energy from FSC-certified paperboard.
• Reduce, reuse and recycle! Packaging materials are reused and recycled. Any new packaging is made from the highest postconsumer content available. Our new EcoEnclose Poly Mailers are 100% biodegradable and break down even in landfills!
• All in-house printing is done on recycled paper with 100% post-consumer content. Thirsties hang tags are printed in the USA on paper made with 35% post-consumer content.
• We choose fabrics and design diapers that dry quickly and remain soft even when hung to dry to encourage our customers to retire their dryers.
• We are proud to be a member of the Green America Green Business Network™, the oldest, largest, and most diverse network of socially and environmentally responsible businesses in the US.
• The catalog is printed on FSC Certified 55/30% post-consumer content with soy inks which are VOC free.
• All products are packed in boxes that are made of 100% recycled content
• 100%of our scrap fabric is recycled and re-purposed for insulation and other uses.